Help strengthen communities through a year of service.
Through full-time service opportunities in communities across the United States, Habitat AmeriCorps program members help homeowners achieve strength, stability and independence through shelter. Habitat AmeriCorps members can serve in leadership roles on active build sites or in local Habitat offices, assisting homeowners, volunteers and staff.
AmeriCorps VISTA- Resource Development
Service Week (days/times): Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM with occasional evenings/Saturdays/Sundays
Develop, document and implement a plan for donor engagement, tracking, and recognition in order to increase the overall donor experience and donor buy-in to Habitat's mission, ultimately allowing us to serve more families.
Our affiliate is looking to grow. These past few years have been about putting our roots in both the community and in the traditional bread and butter of Habitat by developing our new home construction capability. As a rural location with little public investment in affordable housing for working class families, the AmeriCorps VISTA Resource Development position will nurture our affiliate's long-term goal of moving toward building 3 houses this fiscal year from the previous fiscal year of only building one house. The position will develop and coordinate a strategy around how to increase financial and non-financial resources towards this end.
Education/Experience/Knowledge/Skills required for this position
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to meet host site’s insurance requirements.
- Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word/Excel)
- Knowledge of, and willingness to promote, the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity and AmeriCorps
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Experience working as a member of a team
- Marketing experience is highly desirable
Physical requirements for this position
- Ability to sit at a desk and computer for extended periods of time
- About 20% of this position requires outreach in the community, including visiting buildings and homes that may have stairs, as well as serving on project sites that might have uneven terrain.