National Volunteer Services Coordinator
Make a difference in beautiful Lincoln County, North Carolina, located on the western shores of Lake Norman with convenience to the major city of Charlotte and the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of Western North Carolina. HFH of Lincoln County was established in 1992, and since then, has served 38 local families and over 600 families in Guatemala, our sister tithe country. Join us as we serve even more families and grow our affiliate. This will be the second year that Lincoln County has been hosting AmeriCorps members. Become part of this quaint, tight-knit, and growing community, as well as part of our growing affiliate, and take part in exciting projects as we build homes, communities and hope. Housing or a housing stipend will be included.
Volunteer Services Coordinator
As a Volunteer Services Coordinator, you will be on the front lines of service helping the volunteers at our affiliate. This might include assisting with on-site orientations, volunteer tracking, growing the volunteer department, and maintaining connection with volunteers though a monthly eNewsletter or other new initiatives at our affiliate. Also, many of our current volunteer coordinators assist with special groups like campus chapters and church youth groups that serve for a day. This could look like collecting detailed information from these groups and making sure everything is completed for them to serve. Volunteers are a huge help in the weekly operation of our site and we need someone like you to be the helping hand and voice to our volunteers.
- 18 years of age or older
- U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (or agree to work towards one while serving)
- Driver's license
- Personal vehicle
- Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word/Excel)
- A second language is highly desirable, with preferred languages being Spanish
- Experience working with volunteers or teaching/group facilitation experience
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Benefits of Service:
- AmeriCorps National living allowance of $13,732 (paid over the full 46.5 weeks of full-time service)
- Segal Education Award of $5,920 (upon successful completion of service) – lifetime maximum of 2
- Affordable Care Act compliant health care plan (Habitat pays the monthly premiums)
- Student Loan Forbearance (if eligible)
- Child Care Benefits (if eligible)
- 10 personal/sick leave days
- Approx. 10 holidays (dependent on service location)
- Member Assistance Program (MAP) – offers free services, such as counseling and financial planning resources
What’s in it for you?
At the end of the service year, you will recruit and/or manage 150 volunteers in the building, rehabilitation, or repair of homes. Your efforts will prove critical in the completion of five (5) new builds/rehab projects in support of 20 individuals, including two (2) whom are veterans, active military, or their family members. You will also be tasked to advance partnerships with churches, schools, businesses, youth, corporations, and affiliated & civic groups.
Additionally, you will gain enhanced skills in communication, leadership, delegation, team-building time & project management construction and safety.
What’s needed to apply?
- Resume (tell us about your experience)
- Motivation Statement (express why you want to serve) – input in “Cover Letter” section